Hw5
Neil Bell
2008-07-25 03:41:10 UTC
Is Hw5 getting put up tonight?

Thanks,

Neil
[Instr] Albert Chae
2008-07-25 21:18:22 UTC
I posted it this morning. Sorry about the delay.

Albert
Neil
Neil Bell

Neil
Neil Bell
2008-07-26 20:31:54 UTC
A key instruction in hw5 says we can't use the circuits provided in anything
but Base and Gates, but I just wanted to confirm that we can build
*whatever* we want with what we can use. That is, we can build custom
circuits which also appear in the forbidden libraries. For example, custom
building a mux or demux?

Thanks,

Neil
Neil
Ari Kahn
2008-07-26 22:06:41 UTC
Post by Neil Bell
Is Hw5 getting put up tonight?
Thanks,
Neil
My interpretation is you can build or use whatever sub-circuits you'd
like, so long as you don't directly use more advanced built-in parts
from libraries.

- Ari
[Instr] Albert Chae
2008-07-26 23:01:49 UTC
Yes, you should be building subcircuits and using them in your ALU.
The reason we don't allow the libraries is that it would make the
assignment trivial because we want you to learn how adders, shifters,
and comparators work at the gate level.

Albert